87 % of CIO's plan to maintain or significantly grow their mainframe workloads.
80 % of CIO's surveyed say the mainframe is essential to their cloud infrastructures.
The Vanson Bourne survey suggests:
- The mainframe remains a viable, long-term platform (91%).
- Application Modernization ranked 3rd at 48% of top priorities.
- Cloud implementation moves to place 6 at 34%.
- Organizations continue to juggle costs while trying to deliver value (top priority at 70%).
Better integration, web access, and tracking advantage of modern technologies are top modernization priorities as the BMC annual mainframe research results 2014** are showing:
In order to succeed and support your mainframe and modernization strategies:
- Collaboration and communication between the mainframe application delivery cycles and other delivery cycles need to optimised and improved.
- Bimodal capability is paramount: DevOps strategies need to align with all ways of working, both top-down as well as bottom up release management needs to co-exist.
- Deployment and potentially rollbacks needs to be orchestrated across all affected platforms, from the core mainframe backend transition services to mobile, or cloud consumer interfaces.
Clarive is the only single-tool DevOps solution that helps you address your modernization and mainframe challenges
*SOURCE ARCATI MAINFRAME YEARBOOK 2015