DELIVER AT THE SPEED OF BUSINESS ON ALL PLATFORMS, ACROSS ALL ENVIRONMENTS
Ensuring we are aligned on some definitions:
- Continuous delivery is an approach designed to ensure that new or revised functionality can rapidly and safely be deployed to production with quality by delivering every change to a production-like environment and ensuring business applications and services function as expected through rigorous automated testing. Since every change is delivered to a staging environment using complete automation, you are confident the functionality can be deployed to production at any time. The speed of business at which this functionality needs to be ready depends on the nature of the application, but especially for consumer facing applications, this tends to be very fast. Automation in the delivery process is therefore mandatory.
- Continuous deployment is one step further than continuous delivery: every change that passes the automated tests is automatically deployed into production. In other words, it extends the automation of the application delivery cycle into the production environment. Needless to say that this approach depends on the type of application and policies. It might be impractical to do so based on regulatory, functional, or business requirements.
To support “at the Speeds of business” you have to ensure that:
You automate whatever you can! You need to be prepared for fast delivery and automate those parts of the Lean Application Delivery Cycle that can be automated. The typical candidates we see at our customers are:
Automate (selective) rollback
You need to be agile and quick to improve your delivery processes and scripts to accommodate change. We recommend you to put all delivery configuration items under change control, including scripts, forms and even reports and dashboards. This supports quick improvements, validation and rollback in case needed.
Clarive is designed for Lean Application Delivery at the speed of business.
Our tool allows you to automate every part of your delivery process. It does so by:
- Bi-directionally interfacing with your specialist delivery point products, orchestrating them all together and capturing relevant operational process meta-data for insight and progress tracking.
- Providing full version control over every configuration element in the process, including deployment rules, forms, dashboards, and reports.
- Providing a Hyper flexible deployment rule definition capability at the right level of granularity for any operator so that deployment rules can be defined across platforms, synchronized, even with manual intervention.